Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Before Post

Hide your kids, hide your wife, it's about to get messy here. Garage messy. One car garage messy. In an effort to expedite my garage organization I am posting photos of my garage. Knowing these awful, awful photographs are on the internet will encourage me to clean that business up so I can post the "after" pictures and redeem myself to humanity. That's the hypothesis anyway; I've never tried publicly shaming myself into cleaning so I can't predict how well it will work.

Surprisingly enough I came to the conclusion to take care of my garage without watching a single episode of Hoarders, which is what typically precipitates my cleaning binges (note that when I say "binge" I really mean "sitting in one place for 2 days compulsively organizing cupcake liners or stickers). I'd gotten the garage into decent working order, then I decided to empty a storage unit I'd been keeping for a few years. It had a lot of my work stuff in it, as well as things that were randomly placed there when I moved into my current apartment a year and a half ago. There were also lots of things I'd planned on donating or otherwise getting rid of when I moved. Curious as to what that combo looks like in an already not-so-neat garage?


Is it everything you'd hoped for and more? It certainly is for me so I am going to get busy going through those boxes and bags until the garage reaches museum-like organization. Which museum exactly remains to be discovered, but here's to hoping it's more like the tea set display at the Smithsonian than the children's section of an art museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment